24 Jan – 11 Feb
The Live Cell Imaging core facility at the Karolinska Institute in Sweden will start its intensive microscopy course next week. Applications are closed but all lectures are broadcasted live and open to anyone without registration. And yes, it is free!
The aim for this course is to improve the microscopy skills of students and researchers who have already used a microscope to acquire digital images of fluorescent samples but feel that more knowledge could help them.
The course covers the following topics:
– Optics, image formation
– Fluorescence, fluorophores
– Anatomy of a microscope
– Objectives and refraction index
– Cameras and detectors
– Noise and background, Bit depth and saturation
– Multichannel imaging and spectral unmixing
– Resolution and contrast
– Sample preparation, Immunostaining
– Nyquist sampling
– Confocal and wide field settings
– Speed, High throughput/content
– Volume imaging, deconvolution
– Clearing and expansion
– Live cell imaging
– AI, Super Resolution microscopy
– Data handling, OMERO.figure
On this page (https://ki.se/en/bionut/lci-microscopy-course), you can find the course schedule (public activities are in blue) and the Zoom link to join. Scroll down to read the student testimonies!
Hope you enjoy the Live Cell Imaging core facility microscopy course 2022!