How to get access to NMI?
The National Microscopy Infrastructure invites scientists to submit their online applications for access to one of the NMI nodes, all of which offer cutting-edge imaging technologies and expertise to make your research project a great success!
All NMI users will use this Web Access Portal as the virtual entry point to the NMI nodes that offer imaging technologies and services
- To identify if your project could be carried out at one of the NMI nodes you need to request a project consultation with the NMI staff. For applying a project consultation you are invited to submit an online “Application for project support” via the NMI Web Acces Portal, by clicking the button above. You will be informed of the progress of the application procedure by e-mail.
- Once your application is submitted it will be sent to the selected NMI node for a technical feasibility review. Please, note that you may be redirected to a different NMI node than the one you have indicated in the innitial application if the project support can be better performed at a distinct node.
- If your project will benefit from the use of the available imaging technologies and services at the NMI nodes you will receive an invitation for a “Project consultation”. The project consultation can be done face-to-face at the node or by phone.
- After your application has been accepted, you will receive a message notifying that your project have been granted support by NMI, and you will be invited to submit additional information via the Web Access Portal, including the invoice reference and adress in your user profile.
- At the NMI node, an effort will be made to serve you in the best possible way. You will receive hands-on training for the technology(ies) you will use, access to equipment and materials, and expert support with data collection and analysis. You will be also made aware of health and safety regulations and provided help with accommodation arrangements.
- Finally, after you have completed the visit, you will be required to fill in a brief online feedback form via the Web Access Portal
Please note: All submissions regarding user access must be done via the Web Access Portal, not by email!